Currently
°F
Forecasts

House Destroyed In Sparkler Fire

  • Charles County
  • By

Photo courtesy of the State Fire Marshal's Office

BRYANS ROAD, Md. - There's not much left of a Bryans Road home but charred timber after a fire on Monday evening. 

Fire officials say the call came in just after 6 pm for a fire at a home on Dakota Street. They say two juvenile occupants of the home attempted to put out the flames themselves instead of calling the fire department. The home was already engulfed in flames by the time the Bryans Road VFD arrived.

Fortunately, the two juveniles were not injured. It took 52 firefighter 45 minutes to get the fire under control. The Maryland State Fire Marshal said the blaze was started by sparklers igniting combustible material on the patio.

Damage to the home and property is estimated at $300,000.

Photo courtesy of the Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department

Around the Web

Loading...

2 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...