Currently
55°F
Forecasts

Dryer Fire Damages Home

  • Charles County
  • By

BRYANS ROAD, Maryland -- A dryer is blamed for a fire that damaged a home on Greenville Drive in Bryans Road on Thursday.

The home's resident called Charles County 911 to report that her smoke alarm had sounded and she thought her clothes dryer was on fire.

When Charles County firefighters arrived on the scene, there was no outward sign of fire. But once they went inside and headed up to the second floor, they discovered what they described as a 'working fire.'

Seventeen units and 47 first-responders responded to the fire. They worked not only to put out the flames but to make sure they did not spread into the walls. Fortunately, they were able to put the fire out within a few minutes. 

While there was smoke and fire damage on the second floor of the home, no  one was injured. 

Around the Web

Loading...

2 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...