Currently
°F
Forecasts

Firefighters Recognized by Commissioners after Responding to a Carbon Monoxide Call

On October 29, 2019, we had a crew recognized by the Charles County Board of County Commissioners after the Commissioners received a letter of thanks from a citizen in our response area from an incident a few months ago. Our crew responded for a carbon monoxide incident in a home. The crew stayed on the scene for nearly two hours ensuring the home was thoroughly monitored for toxic gases, and ventilated to remove all hazards. The source of the carbon monoxide was from a contractor doing work in the home earlier with a torch. The homeowners received an early alert to a very dangerous situation because their home was equipped with carbon monoxide detectors.

As the cooler weather arrives and you begin to use standard ways to heat your home, let this serve as a reminder to keep your family safe from carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless gas that can be fatal at high concentrations. Any appliance that burns gas, oil, wood, or any other sort of fuel can produce carbon monoxide. It’s extremely important to have a carbon monoxide detector in your home to notify your family there’s a problem.

Pictured from left to right are: Commissioner Rucci, Commissioner Bowling, Deputy Chief Wally Danielson, Firefighter Sondai Bem, Firefighter Wayne “LT” Klinger, Technician Wayne Klinger Sr, Commissioner Coates, and Commissioner President Collins.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...