Currently
°F
Forecasts

Electrical malfunction to blame in Tidewater Dental fire

  • Calvert County
  • By

Lusby, MD -- An electrical malfunction is to blame for the fire that destroyed Tidewater Dental in Lusby on early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out just before 1:30 a.m. on H G Trueman Road and was spotted by a neighbor. 

Fifty firefighters from the Solomons Volunteer Fire Department spent 45 minutes getting the flames under control.

Investigators from the Maryland State Fire Marshall say the blaze was a result of an electrical malfunction within an exterior electrical service entrance.

There were no injuries but the dental office was left in ruins with estimated damages of $200,000 to the structure and a loss of $250,000 worth of equipment.

In a post on their Facebook page, Tidewater Dental thanked the first responders for their efforts fighting the fire.

"We are so unbelievably grateful for all the efforts you do in these emergency situations. Although majority of our office was lost, adjacent buildings and tenants were saved, and that is the most important part. Thank you for your service!"

The dental group said they would be calling all patients to have appointments rescheduled to one of their other locations.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...