Steam cleaner sparks fire near State House

  • Anne Arundel County
  • By

Annapolis, MD -- The State Fire Marshall says a malfunctioning diesel steam cleaner was responsible for a fire that destroyed a utility trailer in Annapolis on Thursday night.

The fire broke out around 8:15 p.m. in a utility trailer parked adjacent to the State House near the intersection of School Street and State Circle.

The fire was spotted by a contractor working at the State House. Thirty-one firefighters from the Annapolis Fire Department spent 20 minutes getting the flames under control.

The accidental fire was a result of a malfunctioning, diesel-fueled steam cleaner inside the 6'x12' enclosed utility trailer.

The estimated loss of the trailer and its contents is $15,000. No one was injured.

Around the Web


2 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...