Currently
°F
Forecasts

Bags too close to heater ignite family room fire

  • By

Bel Air, MD -- A bag of plastic wood pellets placed too close to an electric baseboard heater is believed to be behind a fire that damaged a basement family room in Bel Air, Maryland.

The fire started around 9:45 a.m. on Monday at a home on Locust Lane in Bel Air. The owner discovered the fire, and 20 members of the Bel Air Volunteer Fire Company responded.

Firefighters had the blaze under control in within 15 minutes.

Fortunately, no injuries were reported. There was an estimated $10,000 in damage to the home and its contents and the owners have been displaced by the fire damage.

They are being assisted by Harford County Disaster Assistance & Red Cross.

 

Around the Web

Loading...

1 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...