Currently
°F
Forecasts

45 Firefighters Battle Stubborn Calvert Blaze

Firefighters from every fire house in Calvert County in addition to units from Upper Marlboro, Deale and Lothian were called to a fire in Sunderland in Calvert County on Thursday, July 8 at about 2:55 p.m. for a working house fire located at 5811 Sunderland Court. The stubborn blaze took quite a while to get under control with the entire operation taking over four hours to complete.

Investigation revealed the family was out of state and upon returning to the house, they discovered the fire and contacted emergency servics. The investigation revealed that an electrical malfunction in the kitchen ignited the fire. 
 

During the blaze, several firefighters were treated for heat exhaustion and there are unconfirmed reports that one or two firefighters had to be transported to Calvert Memorial Hospital with burn injuries.

Preliminary findings are that the fire was the result of faulty wiring in the home.

Damage estimate is ringing in at $300,000.000

The Red Cross was called in to assist the family.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...