Currently
°F
Forecasts

Carelessly Discarded Cigarette Results in Fire at Shopping Center

  • Calvert County
  • By

Maryland State Fire Marshalls are investigating a fire at a local shopping center in Calvert County.

Over 35 firefighters from Prince Frederick, St. Leonard, Huntingtown and Benedict VFD responded to 50 S. Solomons Island Road to the Prince Frederick Shopping Center in Prince Frederick on Sunday, June 27 around 6:30 p.m.

The fire was discovered after a passerby called 911 after reportedly seeing smoke on the roof of the structure.

Investigation revealed the fire started as a result of a carelessly discarded cigarette. The shopping center which houses the Greene Turtle, a Nail Salon and the Japanese Steakhouse did not experience any interruption in business.

Damage estimate is ringing in at $4,000.00

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...