Currently
°F
Forecasts

No one hurt after child sets mattress ablaze

Indian Head, MD - A small child with a lighter started a fire that resulted in slight damage to a Charles County town home Sunday, March 17, state investigators reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze was reported by the home’s occupant at approximately 5:15 p.m. The townhouse is located on Jameson Court in Indian Head.

“The fire was the result of a 4-year-old igniting the mattress with a lighter,” a fire marshal’s press release stated. “The occupants were alerted to the fire by a smoke detector in the bedroom.  The fire was quickly extinguished.”

Ten firefighters responded to the scene. Damage—which was mostly to the mattress—is estimated at $500. No one was injured in the incident.

Contact Marty Madden at marty.madden@thebaynet.com

Around the Web

Loading...

1 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...