Currently
°F
Forecasts

Garage fire causes $100,000 damage to house


Waldorf, MD - A fire that originated in a garage and spread to another area of a two-story, single-frame house in Charles County, caused $100,000 to the dwelling, state investigators reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze occurred Saturday evening, March 16 at a house on Saltbush Court in Waldorf. The fire was reported at around 6:30 p.m.

“The accidental fire in the attached garage of the home was due to an electrical failure of an extension cord,” a deputy fire marshal’s report stated. “The garage was not protected by a sprinkler system. The fire burned through an interior wall into a small bathroom which was protected by a sprinkler system. The sprinkler in the bathroom activated and extinguished the fire.”

Six firefighters responded to the one-alarm blaze which was out upon arrival. No injuries were reported.

Contact Marty Madden at marty.madden@thebaynet.com

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...