Currently
55°F
Forecasts

Over 30 Firefighters Help to Battle Chesapeake Beach House Fire

  • By

 

 

 

 

At approximately 8:15 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 25, there was a report of a house fire in the 6400 block of Randle Avenue in Randle Cliffs of Chesapeake Beach. The fire was reported by the Joyce Fontanna, the home owner who went to a neighbor's home to call 911.

The first alarm fire units responding to the call were from North Beach, Dunkirk, Huntingtown and Prince Frederick Volunteer Fire Departments.

Once North Beach units arrived on scene of the one story single family home and reported smoke showing and a working fire, a second alarm was dispatched for additional equipment. The second alarm units would be dispatched to the scene if needed, but would be filling in at first alarm companies' stations if not needed at fire scene.

By 8:35 p.m. the first arriving companies had the fire under control and overhaul of inside had started. By 9:30 p.m. overhaul was completed and units on scene started their clean up stage to get equipment ready for service.

The house was mostly destroyed inside as the smoke and fire went throughout the first floor level. Smoke alarms were present in the home, but did not activate. The cause of the fire appears to be accidental as a result of creosote built up inside the chimney, causing $100,000 in damage.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...