Currently
°F
Forecasts

Frigid Temperatures Bring Waldorf Volunteers and Surrounding Departments Responding to House Fire

Waldorf, MD - On January 21, 2020, at 4:40 a.m. Charles County 911 received a call for a house on fire at Maplewood Court and Greenwood Drive in Waldorf. 42 fire and EMS members reported to the scene to find "fire showing" from the bay window area of the structure and "went to work".

Command was established by Utility #3 (Schoolnick) who confirmed all occupants out safely. E31 reported "hoarder" conditions throughout and hole in the floor under the living room bay window.

Fire was extinguished in minutes upon arrival, Command working with E31, T3, T1, E824, SQ847, CH825A, CH824, requesting ladies auxiliary and FM office. SQ847 reported "negative" on the secondary search.

No injuries reported.

Fire Marshals Office report:

The fire occurred in the living room of the home. The occupant was alerted by the residential smoke detectors installed in the home. The occupant found fire in the living room and was able to escape without injury. The fire is determined to be accidental, caused by an electrical component located in the living room. Preliminary cause accidental failure of an electrical device. Estimated structure loss $50,000.00  & Contents: $ 25,000.00.

Photos courtesy of Charles County Volunteer Firemen's Association.

Around the Web

Loading...

3 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...