Story Category: Fire and Rescue News »
Chimney Fire Damages House in Calvert
Owings, MD - 2/11/2013
By Marty Madden
A chimney fire damaged a two-story home in Calvert County Sunday, Feb. 10, the Office of the Maryland State Fire Marshal reported.
According to Dfm. Don Brenneman, the blaze at the single family home on Shade Tree Court in Owings was reported by the occupant shortly before 1 p.m. Forty volunteer firefighters from Dunkirk, Huntingtown, North Beach and Prince Frederick were dispatched to the one-alarm blaze and brought the flames under control in 10 minutes. There were no injuries.
“The investigation revealed that the occupants noticed smoke coming from the pre-fab chimney prior to the fire departments’ arrival,” Brenneman stated. “The fire had spread up the side of the house, causing approximately $100,000 damage to the structure of the house.”
Brenneman reported a smoke detector was activated during the incident.
Contact Marty Madden at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be The First To Comment On This Story!
Send This Story to a Friend!