Currently
°F
Forecasts

UPDATE – Discarded smoking materials caused house fire

Waldorf, MD - State investigators reported discarded smoking materials sparked a fire that damaged a two-story house in Waldorf Thursday evening, Nov. 30.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze at the home of Debra and Claude Richardson on Ann Marie Circle was discovered and reported by a neighbor around 8:22 p.m. Twenty firefighters were dispatched to the one-alarm fire and brought it under control in 10 minutes.

“Discarded smoking materials were placed in a plastic bag in a wheel-barrel on the back porch,” a deputy state fire marshal reported. “The majority of the damage was to the exterior of the home. There were no injuries as a result of this incident.”

The damage to the structure is estimated at $40,000.

An earlier fire Thursday in the Charles County section of Charlotte Hall caused minimal damage to a house on Keech Road. The state fire marshal is assisting the Forestry Service with the investigation of the incident, which started as a brush fire and spread to the house. Damage is estimated at $300.

Contact Marty Madden at marty.madden@thebaynet.com


Hughesville, MD - A spokesman for the Charles County Volunteer fire departments reported that just after 8 p.m. Thursday evening, Nov. 30, units from Hughesville and surrounding departments responded to a reported house fire at 7999 Keech Road. "Units found a fire in the walls of a small dwelling," fire department officials stated. Nearly 60 volunteers were dispatched. No injuries were reported. A full report on the incident is pending.

Charles County firefighters also responded to a blaze at a two-story residence at Annmarie Circle in Waldorf (pictured above). The house sustained significant damage. A full report on the fire is pending.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...