Currently
°F
Forecasts

Shed destroyed in accidental fire


PHOTO COURTESY OF THE MARYLAND STATE FIRE MARSHAL'S OFFICE

Waldorf, MD - A late-morning fire in Charles County destroyed a single-story, wood-framed shed Tuesday, Nov. 21, state investigators reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze occurred on Apple Creek Lane in Waldorf and was discovered by a neighbor at approximately 11:44 a.m.

“The fire was the result of unattended ashes spreading to nearby combustible materials and igniting the exterior of the shed,” a deputy state fire marshal reported. “The fire spread to the interior of the shed, destroying the building and its contents, which included lawn care equipment and a motorcycle.”

Thirty firefighters were dispatched to the scene and brought the flames under control in 10 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Damage to the shed, which was owned by David Carter, plus the contents, is estimated at $60,000.

Contact Marty Madden at marty.madden@thebaynet.com

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...