Currently
°F
Forecasts

Evening fire destroys shed


PHOTO FROM THE MARYLAND STATE FIRE MARSHAL'S OFFICE

Mechanicsville, MD - A wood-frame storage shed located on property in St. Mary’s County was destroyed by a quickly spreading brush fire Monday evening, Nov. 27, state investigators reported. According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office, the blaze on Army Navy Drive in Mechanicsville was discovered and reported by the homeowner at approximately 8:27 p.m. There were no injuries reported.

“The accidental fire was caused by discarded fireplace ashes that ignited a small brush fire and spread to the rear of the shed,” a deputy state fire marshal reported. Twenty firefighters responded to the one-alarm blaze, bringing it under control in 10 minutes.

The total estimated loss of structure and contents is $12,000. The owner of the shed was identified as Michael Montgomery.

Contact Marty Madden at marty.madden@thebaynet.com

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...