Currently
°F
Forecasts

Electrical fire destroys second floor

The Office of the State Fire Marshal ruled the June 12 fire on Lox Street in Indian Head to be accidental.

"The fire occurred in the second story bedroom due to an electrical malfunction, resulting in damage to the entire second floor," the Office of the State Fire Marshal report read in part. "There were no injuries as a result of the fire."

The Potomac Heights Volunteer Fire Department responded to the call of fire from a neighbor that came in at approximately 11:58 a.m.

The fire started on the second floor of the home. There were smoke alarms installed and activated. However, there were no fire alarms.

Although there was a $175,000 loss to the home owner, there was no loss of life or injuries reported.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...