Currently
°F
Forecasts

Coffee maker glitch starts house fire, displaces family

NANJEMOY, Md - On March 4 at 4:56 p.m., crews led by the Nanjemoy Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call for a house fire located on the 2000 block of Smith Point Road, Nanjemoy. Units arrived to the two-story, single family home and discovered that the fire had self-extinguished. 

Investigation revealed that the fire was the result of a malfunction involving the coffee maker once the power was restored. The homeowners were alerted to the fire by an in-home video security system, prompting them to call 9-1-1.  The fire self-extinguished prior to the arrival of the fire department. The overall cost of damage is estimated to be $40,000.  Two adults and their children were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.

Around the Web

Loading...

0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...