La Plata house fire displaces three

LA PLATA, Md.  - On January 7 at 3:38 p.m., homeowners Margaret and Michael Mona discovered a fire coming from the chimney of their house located on Mona Farm Place in La Plata. The Bel Alton Volunteer Fire Department responded to the three story house fire and had it under control in 15 minutes. 

Upon further investigation, the fire was determined to be accidental as the result of a malfunction with a chimney extending into the third floor. Three adults were displaced as a result of the fire and are being assisted by family and friends.


Around the Web


0 Comments Write your comment

    1. Loading...